Analysis is one component of the tight integration between design, materials, testing, and manufacturing that sets Stress Engineering Services (SES) apart. The SES technical staff are experts in doing analysis but, more importantly, experts at knowing what to do with analysis.
Why use analysis:
Time and Cost Savings: When used early in the development cycle, analysis is the tool that allows dramatic cost and schedule reduction. The key to successful utilization is knowing what types of analysis tools to employ and when to use them in the process. SES’s expertise not only includes high level finite element analysis, the workhorse of predictive simulation methods, but also includes expertise in physics-based screening. The SES process offers the ability to look into the future to understand how designs, material selections, and user interaction will affect the performance and reliability of a product. The list below provides a sampling from our analysis tool kit:
- Engineering calculations based on first principles
- Automated calculations in spreadsheets and other mathematical software
- Simplified structural and fluid flow analysis, using finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) respectively
- Complex non-linear finite element analysis
- Thermal – fluids modeling Simulation of structural – fluids interaction
- Analysis of assemblies and kinematics
- Tolerance analyses
- Manufacturing process simulation (injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming)
Analysis Energizes Creativity: The SES screening process makes it possible to consider many more options than the conventional development approach and allows for the extraction of the best possible solution.
Key Benefits of using SES: SES has very experienced personnel. Our engineers have a wide range of experience with solving problems in many different industries. This breadth of knowledge saves both time and money in getting to a good solution.
SES is able to respond quickly because of our flat organizational structure and small teams. Each project has one project manager who is responsible for all aspects of the project.
SES has the tools and resources to conduct the engineering investigations needed to perform complex analyses and, when required, to gather custom test information required to support the analysis.
This combination of experience, responsiveness, and tools is unequalled, anywhere. Contact us… we can help.